- Ampersand, a Rwandan company, has received a $9 million loan from DFC to help it grow operations in Rwanda and Kenya
- African automotive technology firm, has received $13.1 million in seed funding to help it scale its technology
- Automotive market in Eastern Africa is attracting investment
- African metals gets a robust boost on electric vehicles expansion
- Kenya's Electric mobility expanding fast
- Ugandan auto firm targets to start manufacturing buses this year
- Tanzania Automotive Sector Attracting Investment and is finally above pre-pandemic levels by 1.2%
- Plentywaka And Autocheck Have Teamed Up To Make Vehicle Inspection And Maintenance Easier
- Kenya Boosts The Automotive Sector By Increasing Vehicle Exports
- The Automotive Sector in Africa is Booming, Incorporating Wide Range of Trades and Skills
Mitsubishi Motors South Africa Has Appointed a New Managing Director
Mitsubishi Motors South Africa has appointed Thato Magasa as its new Managing Director.
As Chairman of the MMSA, I am glad to announce Thato Magasa's selection as the new Managing Director of Mitsubishi Motors SA. Thato formally accepted full responsibility for his new post on March 1, 2021.
Magasa replaces Pedro Pereira, who has held the position since 2015.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Pedro for his invaluable contribution to the Mitsubishi brand.
“Peter has moved to the C2 Technology Group as Chief Operating Officer after being with the Motus Group (Mitsubishi SA's holding company) since 2004 in different executive capacities, including Managing Director of SsangYong and Daihatsu,” explains Oosthuizen.
The C2 Group is a digital innovation company specialising on the automotive and related industries.
Thato, the new Mitsubishi MD, is no stranger to the automotive business, having worked for the Motus Group in a variety of capacities since joining the company in 2009.
After a brief hiatus in 2012, he returned to the Motus Group, where he held different positions at Mitsubishi Motors South Africa, including Operations Manager, before moving to another prominent position within the Motus Group, this time at Renault South Africa.
Magasa was previously the General Manager for Sales at Renault SA, following a 12-month development programme inside the Renault Group. He also holds a B.Com in Accounting and an MBA from GIBS in South Africa.
Magasa is very enthused about the task at hand, and she has gotten off to a wonderful start in her new position.
“Having spent a large part of my career working at challenger brands, I have always found that it is undoubtedly the people within the organisation who make the difference,” he says. “I am highly passionate about the continuous development of people towards the achievement of organisational goals. Our end goal is to offer a consistently high-quality retail and ownership experience of our vehicles, which will be heavily reliant on our people – both within Mitsubishi Motors SA and the dealer network at large.”
In July 2020, the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) headquartered in Japan, announced a three-year mid-term business plan (from fiscal year 2020 to 2022), to concentrate its management resources on core regions and technologies, including Africa.
“We look forward to Thato’s positive input in his new role and the growth of the Mitsubishi brand going forward and wish Pedro every success in his new position” said Oosthuizen.
Posted on : 27 Nov,2021 | News Source : ABNews